Composite Fillings Near You
As a reliable form of restorative dentistry, dental fillings have been used to aid patients who are dealing with tooth decay for many years. The majority of these fillings have been fashioned from silver amalgam, a combination of various metals which are inserted into the tooth to reinforce its structure.
These days, composite fillings have become much more popular; not only because they are just as effective, but because they blend in with our teeth better, saving us from embarrassment when we laugh or eat.
At our local dental clinic, we offer this service to those who need it. For more information, feel free to reach out to our dentist in Comox Valley.
The Steps Involved
Below is a general breakdown of the steps involved in getting a dental filling:
1) Numbing the area – Before they officially get to work, your dentist will apply a local anesthetic to numb the region around your affected tooth. This will ensure that you don’t feel any pain and can stay comfortable
2) Removing decay – Next, a dental drill or laser is used to remove the unhealthy part of your tooth.
3) Cleaning the cavity – The space left behind once all the debris has been cleared away is thoroughly cleaned so that an infection can’t form in the future.
4) Applying the filling – The filling material is applied to the cavity. Your dentist will work with you to select the best form for your case. Alongside silver amalgam and composite resin, porcelain, and glass ionomer can also be used. When it’s in place, your dentist will make sure that it’s properly bonded to your tooth.
5) Polishing – Your dentist will smooth out any rough spots and polish your tooth to a nice shine. If you’ve received a tooth-colored filling, they will also check that it does blend in with your natural teeth.
6) Checking your bite – Lastly, your bite will be evaluated to make sure that the filling is properly aligned and that your teeth fit together properly.
Overall, obtaining a composite filling in Comox Valley usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the extent of the decay and the size of the filling.
Ready to Get Started?
Come into Acreview Dental to restore your smile! To set up a consultation with our dentist near you, send us an email or give us a call whenever it works for you. Our capable, friendly team of dental professionals anticipates your visit very much!